IIMS College Hosts Pedagogy Training Session for Staff and Faculty
IIMS College, in collaboration with Taylor’s University, hosted an enlightening and enriching Pedagogy Training program for its esteemed staff and faculty on November 8th and 9th, 2023. The event took place at Aranya Boutique Hotel from 10:00 am onwards and aimed to enhance pedagogical skills and advance the quality of education at IIMS College.
Dr. Lim Chee Leong, Director of Learning Innovation and Development at Taylor’s University, graced the event as a distinguished speaker. Bringing a wealth of knowledge and expertise, Dr. Lim’s session focused on empowering faculties to ensure better development of the students, making them aware of modern learning outcomes, and equipping them with the skills to utilize Chat GPT, Padlet, Slido, and other educational tools effectively.
The training also delved into Bloom’s Taxonomy, criteria for assessment rubrics, methods to increase engagement in classes, and the use of MyTimes for conducting quick quizzes. Participants actively engaged in discussions and practical exercises, gaining valuable insights and practical strategies to enhance their teaching methodologies.
Associate Academic Director of BIHM, Ashwini Lagelu, who attended the training, shared his positive experience, stating, “I got to learn about hotel learning outcomes, Bloom’s Taxonomy, received interactive contents, modern teaching methodologies, best practices of assessments. The session was really effective.”
The Pedagogy Training Session was held at the exquisite Aranya Boutique Hotel, providing a conducive environment for meaningful discussions and professional growth. This event marked a significant step towards IIMS’s commitment to providing its students with the highest quality education.
Key takeaways from the Pedagogy Training Session:
- Empowering faculties to ensure better development of the students: Participants gained insights into effective teaching strategies that foster student engagement and promote deeper learning.
- Modern learning outcomes: Participants were introduced to modern learning outcomes and how to incorporate them into their teaching plans.
- Educational tools: Participants learned how to utilize Chat GPT, Padlet, Slido, and MyTimes to enhance their teaching and create engaging learning experiences.
- Criteria for assessment rubrics: Participants learned how to create clear and consistent assessment rubrics that align with learning outcomes.
- Increasing engagement in classes: Participants explored strategies to increase student engagement and active participation in the classroom.
IIMS College is committed to providing its staff and faculty with continuous professional development opportunities to ensure that they are equipped with the latest pedagogical skills and best practices to deliver a world-class education to its students. The Pedagogy Training Session marks a significant step in this direction, reaffirming IIMS’s dedication to academic excellence and student success.
Share this post on: